The Candela Seven
The world's first hydrofoiling
electric production boat
A boat unlike any other
How it's built
MADE IN SWEDEN 🇸🇪
With experience from fighter jet and airplane design, we have made the Candela Seven extremely light, while still highly impact resistant. The hull, deck & deck parts are carefully crafted from 100% carbon fiber.
We make a large percentage of the components in our own factory in the Stockholm archipelago where we also assemble and perform final testing.
Fully retractable foils
Fully retractable foils
Fully retractable foils
PERFECT FOR WATERSKIING
The Candela Seven leaves no wake, which makes it perfect for waterskiing and other watersports.
FORGET SLAMMING IN WAVES
By hydrofoiling, the Candela Seven skips waves that other boats inevitably will slam against.
reduce local emissions by 99%
Hydrofoils together with electric propulsion is a dream come true. Enjoy 99% reduced local emissions when charging with an average EU electricity mix.
FLY SILENTLY ABOVE THE SURFACE
By using a clean and efficient electric motor and flying above the surface, the Candela Seven runs significantly quieter than comparable boats. Save your voice and talk easily with your passengers at high speeds.
95% cheaper to run
100% electric, the Candela Seven can be recharged at your dock over night and consumes less than 10 eurocents per nautical mile in electricity.
Built from the ground up to be connected, the Candela Seven can be accessed remotely from your smartphone. We continuously add functionality such as control of music, lights & auxiliary power to remotely start the onboard cooler ahead of arrival to your boat.
Foldable cruiser cover with aluminum
Usable in separate sections, for example
as a spray hood, by detaching the aft
Recommended for non-sheltered waters
where non-foiling cruising in heavy
weather happens occasionally
Choose any color on the hull, deck and all deck parts. Any RAL color or metallic
FULL TEAK DECKING
Teak covering the full deck, bow step,
swim platforms and part of the freeboard
for side entry
SUNBED & BIMINITOP
Aft sofa replaced by a Sunbed, with an adjustable back-rest
Bimini top foldable towards aft section
CANDELA SIGNATURE COLORS
Your choice of: Bright Turquoise, Violet Blue, Strawberry Red, Dark Grey (not pictured)
9 courtesy lights placed around the interior of the boat. Dimmable through the touch screen and phone app
Blue or white lights located near the two front struts. Usable while foiling for a dramatic effect
AFT TEAK TABLE
Foldable teak table stow-able under the port-side dash compartment
Extendable 3 step swim ladder, mounted on starboard swim platform
GEOFENCE ANTI THEFT
Enable anti-theft measures that notify you if your boat leaves a pre designated area
Including electric winch simplifying single person operation
- Signal White Color of hull and deck. Gelcoat on deck and marine-grade paint on the hull.
- Hand laminated & epoxy infused hull and deck in 100% carbon fiber.
- Chrome rub-rail around hull edge and around swim platforms.
- Anti-skid finishing on deck areas and deck hatches.
- Self-draining deck area.
- All hardware, hinges & cockpit grab handles in 316 stainless steel, 4 x cleats on aft & and foredeck.
- LED navigation lights on side of deck, including removable rear 360 navigation light.
- Anchor locker w. drainage in bow.
- Darkened or clear polycarbonate windscreen. Aluminum window frame painted in white or grey.
- Fender storage midship between seats. Removable flagpole. Two electric bilge pumps w. auto-function. Integrated swim platforms.
- Flush mounted fender clips.
- Candela Custom Interface with integrated touchscreen including:
- Navionics seacharts for the delivery destination
- Autorouting function with range estimation
- Overview of all boat functions, including battery management, foiling system control & foil retraction operation
- Free software upgrades through 3G connection
- Dashboard panels in fabric or vegan leather in color of choice.
- Steering wheel in leather w. Candela logo. Glove compartment on the passenger side.
- Storage compartments under bow front seats and rear sofa. Sunbrella or Spradling textile on all seats and upholstery.
- Phone app for the boat including:
- control of sound system (on/off)
- control of onboard and underwater lights (optional)
- view of latest trips including statistics
- physical location of boat
- 3.7 kW Single Phase 16A Onboard Charger for a full charge in 12 hours
- Mode 3 type 2 Charging Cable
- Remote Monitoring & adjustment of charging speed, current and status.
- 55 kW Torqeedo Deep Blue Permanent Magnet Motor
- 40 kWh BMW i3 Battery
- 4 blade propeller optimized for range
- Aft sofa replaced by a Sunbed, with an adjustable back-rest
- Bimini top foldable towards aft section
- Your choice of: Bright Turquoise, Violet Blue, Strawberry Red or Dark Grey (not pictured)
- Choose any color on the hull, deck and all deck parts. Any RAL color or metallic paint
- Foldable cruiser cover with aluminum support rods
- Usable in separate sections, for example as a spray hood, by detaching the aft section
- Recommended for non-sheltered waters where non-foiling cruising in heavy weather happens occasionally
- Teak covering the full deck, bow step, swim platforms and part of the freeboard for side entry
- Premium Sound System
- Courtesy Lighting
- Underwater Lighting
- Aft Teak Table
- Swim Ladder
- Geofence Anti-theft Measures
- Dedicated Trailer
SPEED & RANGE
NAVIGATION & DRIVING
For 2020 deliveries, we are nearly sold out. Contact us ASAP to inquire more.
For 2021 deliveries, reach out for more information on available production slots.
As of August 2020, we have delivered 16 boats to customers in Sweden, Finland, Austria, the US and the British Virgin Islands.
Charging a Candela is much faster than other boats, when taking into account nautical miles per hour spent charging. This is due to the massive efficiency of foiling.
If you have access to a 22 kW charger, the charge time drops to 1.5 hours for a full charge.
On a regular blue CEE outlet, 1-phase 16A, the charge time is roughly 12 hours.
If you are used to it, landing unexpectedly is quite undramatic. This can happen if you foil at the lowest speed limit, or if you attempt to cross a wake or seastate that is beyond the capabilities of the boat, which is approximately 1 meter of wave height.
Water is fairly forgiving when landing unexpectedly at the speed at which the Candela Seven can operate, although you might get a bit wet.
Absolutely! You can tow waterskiers, wakeboarders and other water toys effortlessly and without consuming a single drop of fossil fuel. See our Youtube Channel for videos.
The Seven is made almost entirely out of carbon fiber. This is due to several reasons.
On a weight to strength ratio, carbon beats glass fiber by a wide margin. This allows the Seven to weigh significantly less than a similar boat of the same size.
Also, since the total kilogram amount of carbon fiber needed, is less than what what can be expected in a glass fiber construction, we keep the total amount of material needed low.
Order your own Candela Seven for the summer of 2021